Day 11 Grantown on Spey to Bonar Bridge
It's very exposed..
The Cairngorms were now behind me!!
Crossed the Moray Firth then cycled close to the shore line of the Beauly Firth.
Then due north and followed the shoreline of the Cromarty Firth.
At Alness the days quota of climbing began, at this point I'm still heading due north. I could see clouds coming towards me as I got nearer the Dornoch Firth. Then I seemed to be in the clouds! The road then heads round to a northwest direction and for the first time on this trip the wind became an issue!!
I can't say I got truly wet but the horizontal drizzle was freezing! (Horizontal drizzle? Hmmm?)
At this point the road is high above the Dornoch Firth and it is supposedly one of the best views in Scotland! Unfortunately armed with only an iPhone camera and battling the 'horizontal drizzle' I missed it!!
Eventually arrived in Bonar Bridge where the view from by B&B window isn't at all bad...
Ride stats. 85 miles. Climbing 3500 ft
Tomorrow I'm heading for Bettyhill. (It's on the north coast! I'm nearly there!)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home