Day 4 Cheddar to Ross on Wye
On leaving the B&B I found myself on Cliff Road for an immediate cat.3 climb through the Cheddar Gorge. So no warm up miles today!
The Gorge really is quite magical, no traffic and no wind just me the bike the sheep and the birds. It almost moved me to the poetic and soulful.......
But I soon got over it! Checkout the lunch!
On leaving the Mendip Hills I picked up some speed on the flatter lands around Bristol to make my way to the Severn Bridge.
Its amazing how much the bridge moves as the traffic passes over it. I stopped to speak to three guys doing some work on the bridge, they are employed full time to look after it.
I also met five more cyclists doing lejog, I rode with them for a while before they turned off to meet their support van!
From Chepstow another thrilling descent into the Wye valley,
Stopped here, Tintern Abbey. What you can't see are the tea rooms and a cream tea with my name on it!
Just me and the iPad for supper tonight, after a very welcome visit from Chris last night. Many thanks Chris.
Ride stats. 76 miles. Climbing 4500feet.
(Totals for ride so far, 291miles. 20,708ft of climbing.)
Tomorrow I'm heading for Market Drayton.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home