Day 8 Longtown to Edinburgh
My friend Pete from the cycle club joined me today.
We rode for 10 miles along a main road before heading up into the Borders, the weather was grey and overcast and as we got higher, cold. However the scenery was stunning, I'm afraid we were chatting to much to take photographs!
After a couple of hours thoughts turn to coffee! We came across the 'Kagyu Samye Ling. Monastery and Tibetan Buddhist Centre' just the sort of place you would expect to find in the wilds of the Scotish Borders! The coffee shop was certainly unique.
However the coffee and cake were excellent! Just as well as we didn't see another coffee stop at all.
The next food stop was lunch at the Gordon Arms Hotel were I had the Gordon Burger...
The picture doesn't do it justice, it was a burger with Haggis added! As you can see I had made a start before remembering to take a picture! Certainly fuel enough for the remaining 30 miles!
With 15 miles to go we joined another main road toward Edinburgh, far too busy to ride two abreast Pete was kind enough to lead and we steamed along at 20+ mph with me slipstreaming!! Thanks Peter! Fantastic fun!
We arrived in Edinburgh at 5 pm. After more food Pete was able to catch a train an hour earlier than planned.
I made my way to the Premier Inn where I have not only had another bath with my kit!! The bike is in the room!!! (No, I'm not about to have a bath with it!) Although it is getting quite dirty!
Thanks again Peter for a fantastic day.
Ride stats. 85 miles Climbing 4000 ft.
Tomorrow I'm heading for Blairgowrie.
(A little concerned as words on the map like hill, fell and dale are replaced by mountain!)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home