Saturday, 14 June 2014

Day 7 Slaidburn to Longtown



A picture of last nights stopover. I was actually staying in a pub! Too tired to make the most of the beer though!
My room did have a bath, (you've probably already guessed where this is going!) yes me and my kit in the bath, what could be better two jobs done in one go!! 

A short ride through the village to start the biggest climb of the day, 



After climbing for an hour, the long descent was very rewarding. Getting a bit more confidence with the panniers downhill now.

At lasting found some Hereford cattle, (only a few counties late!)



Then into the North Yorkshire Dales, don't think I'll be winning this competition!



Then a bit of mile munching with more climbing,



A quick picture of the star of the show..


Ride stats. 91 miles  climbing 6420 ft. (Biggest day to date I think) 

Tomorrow Peter from Ashwell Cycle club joins me for the day, we'll be heading for Edinburgh. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home