Thursday, 12 June 2014

Day 5 Ross on Wye to Market Drayton



My bike spent the night in the dining room of last nights B&B because there was no garden, which meant there was no washing line. So having washed my kit, I hooked it all on the curtain rail with the window open. I checked on progress in the early hours to find the shorts still damp, then had a brainwave and put them in the bed. It didn't quite work as well as I hoped as there was a bit of a damp patch on the dining room chair after breakfast! (Sorry you probably didn't want to know that)! 


I left Ross on Wye at 8.30 and followed the river for a while, almost had another p&s (poetic & soulful) moment here! 



I saw fields of cattle everywhere, but couldn't spot a Hereford anywhere. This chap was happy to pose for a picture. 





So on into Shropshie,


Cattle country is giving way to arable here with fields of really good looking wheat.



No Blackgrass!!! ( Sorry, that won't mean much to non farmers). 
Then spotted these guys,


I've just asked a farmer in the pub what they might be getting ready to plant? He had no idea. They obviously hadn't got time to be swanning about on a bike!! 

Ride stats. 89 miles Climbing 4800ft 

Tomorrow I'm heading for Slaidburn. It will be the highest mileage at 102 (if I manage not to get lost!) 


1 Comments:

At 12 June 2014 at 14:30 , Anonymous Alice said...

Putting the wet shorts in the bed?!?! And people wonder where I get my lack of common sense from.....! Sounds like you're doing well, keep it up!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home